Frequently Asked Questions
PHYSICAL THERAPY CONTINUING EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
All ICE Physical Therapy Courses Are CEU Approved!
We know that CEU accreditation is very valuable to so many of you because employers will often not reimburse for continuing education unless the course is worth CEUs. We have worked very hard to have ICE courses thoroughly vetted for approval in order to provide that value. ICE is a California Physical Therapy Approved Provider (CPTAAP-34) & approved automatically in every state that shares reciprocity.
ALL LIVE COURSES ARE APPROVED FOR CEU CREDIT IN THE STATE IN WHICH THE COURSE TAKES PLACE. They are also pre-approved for CEU credit in the states listed below which share reciprocity with each other.
All ICE online courses are pre-approved for CEU credit in the states which share reciprocity below.
"What if my state does not share reciprocity?"
You are always able to submit for "individual" CEU approval through your state board or state physical therapy association. Your state board or state physical therapy association will have more information on this process. We have done our best to find this information for you and have shared it below. Please note that with some exception, your state physical therapy BOARD is the approving authority for continuing education and will almost always allow for individual approval at a very cheap or even free rate compared to your state physical therapy ASSOCIATION who is usually up charging you to submit an individual approval application on your behalf to the state physical therapy BOARD. In some states, you may pay several hundred dollars for your state physical therapy ASSOCIATION to submit a free form to the state physical therapy BOARD.
Athletic Trainers may apply 28 of their 50 CEU hours per re-licensure cycle as "Category D" (content from non-approved providers). ICE courses meet the minimum standards of the ATC-BOC for Category D submission. In addition, your state athletic training board may allow "individual" approval of ICE courses to "upgrade" to "Category A" CEUs, which would allow you to submit additional CEUs under "Category D".
ICE is proud to be an American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA) provider for our Modern Management of the Older Adult (MMOA) coursework. All 3 of our MMOA courses are pre-approved for AOTA credit.
ICE is not pre-approved with other providers such as the National Strength & Conditioning Association (NSCA), American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM), etc. Please contact these organizations to learn more about certification & renewal requirements.
STATES PRE-APPROVED FOR CREDIT THROUGH RECIPROCITY
Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oregon, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin and Wyoming.
STATES THAT REFUSE RECIPROCITY
California - Individual approval resources (ICE is an approved provider in California: CPTAAP-34 & all courses taken by clinicians are approved for PT/PTA CEUs in California)
Illinois - Individual approval resources
Louisiana - Individual approval resources
Maryland - Individual approval resources
Nevada - Individual approval resources
New Jersey - Individual approval resources
New Mexico - Individual approval resources
New York - Individual approval resources
Ohio - Individual approval resources
Oklahoma - Individual approval resources
Pennsylvania - Individual approval resources
Texas - Individual approval resources
West Virginia - Individual approval resources
STATES THAT DO NOT REQUIRE CONTINUING EDUCATION
I AM A ______, AM I WELCOME AT ICE COURSES?
- Physical therapists, occupational therapists, physicians (MD/DO) and any other independent healthcare provider with a medical license are welcome at ALL ICE courses
- Physical therapist assistants and occupational therapist assistants are welcome at all courses except Total Spine Thrust Manipulation and our dry needling courses. Your national scope of practice forbids you from performing thrust manipulation or dry needling
- Athletic trainers are welcome at any course that is allowed within their state practice act. In some states, athletic trainers can perform an independent evaluation & treatment of a patient, including performing thrust manipulation, dry needling, and even bill insurance. In other states, athletic trainers have more restrictions that would prevent them from attending courses that involved these topics
- Exercise physiologists, coaches, personal trainers or other fitness professionals are welcome at our Clinical Management of the Fitness Athlete - Live Seminar and Modern Management of the Older Adult - Live Seminar courses
- You are ultimately responsible for knowing and understanding both your scope of practice as a medical or fitness professional as well as the limits of your state practice act
"I HAVE A GOLF GAME AND NEED TO LEAVE CLASS EARLY, IS THAT OK?"
- 100% attendance is expected at all courses. This means 16 hours for all 2-day live courses & with the exception of our 2-day or 3-day dry needling courses which consist of 9 hour days each
- Participation in our 8-week online courses is required to receive credit. It is not mandatory to attend Zoom sessions and they are recorded for those that cannot attend, however completion of all homework, quizzes, exams, is required. You are able to work ahead if expecting to be out of town during the 8-week course
"WHERE'S MY EMAIL FROM YOU?!"
- Course registration confirmation emails arrive from "firstname.lastname@example.org"
- Information about your course is sent the Monday prior to your course beginning from "email@example.com"
- Be sure to check all email folders, including spam, for these emails
COURSE CANCELLATION POLICIES
- Cancellations within 7 days can be transferred to another course (live or online) of equal or lesser value
- Cancellations within 14 days are eligible for a 25% refund or course transfer
- Cancellations within 21 days are eligible for a 50% refund or course transfer
- Cancellations within 28 days are eligible for a 100% refund or course transfer
- All refunds are subject to a 3.5% processing fee
- Please note: signing up for a course & not attending/participating fully does not constitute fraud. We work very hard to ensure our faculty are prepared for you with appropriate staffing and that the facility is prepared for you with appropriate logistical support. While we understand that life does happen, we believe we offer a very generous cancellation/transfer policy provided we receive prompt communication that you are not able to attend a course. Threatening a credit card chargeback ("friendly fraud") in order to receive a refund outside of our cancellation/transfer policy is illegal. ICE can & will pursue fraudulent chargebacks in small claims court. Penalties for fraudulent chargebacks can include loss of the ability to have a bank account, own credit cards, travel by airplane, or access other services that require good credit standing. Please contact ICE if you become aware that you cannot attend a course for any reason, as soon as possible.
HOST A COURSE
ICE has multiple course hosting options available. Please check out our "Host a Course" page to learn more details.
How many hours of study per week are recommended for the 8-week online courses?
Typically, online courses will need 1-1.5 hours per week of dedicated time not including the meetings. The goal of our 8-week, synchronous online courses is to "stretch" a 2-day course across the span of 8 weeks.
Do I get access to the instructor?
You will be placed in a Private Group with the faculty where you can communicate and ask specific questions.
DO YOU OFFER ANY DISCOUNTS?
We offer discounts to entry-level students with proof of current enrollment & military veterans with proof of service (DD-214, CAC card, discharge certificate, etc.) Please e-mail us to submit proof & obtain your coupon code. Otherwise, the best way to obtain discounted or free ICE courses is to host us.
WHAT IS YOUR STUDENT:TEACHER RATIO?
We mandate 15:1 or better from all of our instructors to remain in compliance with state continuing competency requirements & to provide an excellent learning experience for students.
CAN YOU RECOMMEND A SPECIFIC PRODUCT FOR ____?
Unfortunately not. As a continuing education provider, ICE & its instructors are prohibited from self-promotion of products, programs, or services. ICE faculty do not have investment in any tools recommended in courses such as apps used for evaluation and/or treatment (for example, a digital goniometer app) and therefore can do not & can not recommend any specific product.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES (ADA) POLICY
ICE will accommodate any reasonable request to assist our participants with disabilities in being able to safely participate in any of our courses. To successfully complete any of ICE's post-professional coursework, a large variety of cognitive, affective and psychomotor abilities and skills are required. If a student is unable to safely meet the post-professional curricula requirements, it is the responsibility of the student to request an appropriate accommodation.
ICE live courses are primarily conducted inside of active, physical therapy clinics that already meet ADA regulations. Onsite faculty will work with the host location to ensure accessibility of facility and areas where the training will occur. The faculty and learner will work together to develop technique modifications that enable the learner to function within the constraints of their disability.
With our online courses, the student “classroom” is their home or natural environment. It is incumbent on the learner to make the necessary accommodations to allow for maximum performance in the online classroom. Students participating in online coursework will need access to a computer with a high speed internet connection, ideally accessing from a personal device on a personal internet connection. Access to ICE online coursework is best achieved using a Microsoft Windows or Apple Macintosh laptop or desktop using either Google Chrome or Mozilla FireFox as a web browser. Microsoft's Internet Explorer/"EDGE" and Apple's Safari browser are both archaic web browsers that are supported by less than 3% of all websites on the internet due to a wide variety of access & security issues.
Any student who provides a request that is both reasonable and appropriate (does not require substantial changes to key elements of the course/program) will be considered for accommodation and/or modification. Requests may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
COPYRIGHT & INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY POLICY
All ICE coursework is the intellectual property of the faculty members who created the content. Our coursework is a combination of research synthesis & clinical application that seeks to apply the current best evidence on a particular topic in an approachable manner to you, the customer, such that you can take the concepts taught in a course and immediately apply them into practice with your patients, clients, athletes, etc.
Any individuals filmed (photo or video) that you may see in our coursework are not actual patients, but rather stock imagery & videos from Canva, where we pay for permission to utilize their library of media content.
It is our policy that ICE faculty members do not take continuing education coursework in their subject matter area of expertise provided by non-ICE instructors so as to clearly avoid any implication that the material they create & teach is not theirs.