Modern Management of the Older Adult
This online course is designed for rehabilitation professionals who have completed Modern Management of the Older Adult L1 Online and are looking for a deep-dive into specific, yet common, clinical populations.
Take a deep dive into exploring misconceptions and laying out a clear, current best evidence pathway to enable our older adults to not only survive but to thrive. A special emphasis is placed on progressive functional fitness in this population.
- 8 weeks long - 2 hours/week commitment
- Lifetime access to course & online community
- Weekly assignments & video conference calls
- Video conference calls take place every Thursday at 8pm EST & are optional but encouraged. They are recorded & can be viewed later if unable to attend.
- Our online courses require active participation to be awarded credit which may include reading, homework assignments, and quizzes. We do not allow students to “drop back” to preceding cohorts due to inability to complete work assigned except under extraordinary circumstances. ICE faculty have the final decision in allowing a “drop back” but students are only allowed one “drop back” per course. Failure to complete the course on your 2nd attempt will not yield CEU credit. All courses allow for a 7 day grace period after course conclusion to receive CEU credit.
* = Online Discussion That Week
Week Zero (Course Start Date) *
Balance Assessments & Interventions
Week Two *
Parkinson’s Disease & Multiple Sclerosis
Week Four *
Osteoporosis Assessment & Interventions
Menopause & Urinary Incontinence
Week Six *
Cardiopulmonary Conditions & Management
The Masters Athlete
Week Eight *
Cognitive Decline & Intervention Strategies
Building off the material of MMOA L1 Online, students will be able to:
- Craft effective plans of care in the presence of complex medical cases of orthopedic, neurological, & cardiovascular conditions.
- Accommodate for special considerations such as different types of urinary incontinence, different balance deficits, osteoporosis, and osteoarthritis.
- Effectively manage Masters & Senior Athletes to maximize performance & minimize time away from sport.
- Modify exercise interventions for different causes of cognitive impairments
After this 8 week online course, clinicians will be able to problem solve through challenging clinical situations and be prepared to optimize care as efficiently as possible for the complex older adult.
This course is part of the MMOA Certification (Cert-MMOA). Cert-MMOA helps you become THE provider of choice in your community that has the knowledge and skills to get meaningful results with older adults. Find out more here.
The Institute of Clinical Excellence is an AOTA Approved Provider of professional development. Course approval ID# 03093. This Distance Learning-Interactive course is offered at 16 CEUs for OT Service Delivery & Foundational Knowledge. AOTA does not endorse specific course content, products, or clinical procedures.