Clinical Excellence certification
What makes an exceptional clinician?
At The Institute of Clinical Excellence we believe the answer is proficiency in key foundational areas along with specialized knowledge and skill in a domain where the clinician is highly passionate. We have designed our comprehensive clinical excellence certification in direct accordance with this philosophy.
The ICE certification track requires successful completion of all core courses and two additional elective classes in your specialization area of choice. With all course work completed the clinician sits for a live comprehensive written and practical exam offered every April on the Friday before our ICE Sampler event in Las Vegas. Purchasing the certification exam ticket allows the clinician to attend the Sampler for no additional charge the weekend following testing.
See below for the required core courses and the list of elective specialization options.
- Lumbar Spine Management (LIVE)
- Cervical Spine Management (LIVE)
- Extremity Management (LIVE)
- Total Spine Thrust Manipulation (LIVE)
- Persistent Pain Management (ONLINE)
- Clinical Management of Fitness Athletes: Essential Foundations (ONLINE)
Elective Specialization Courses (choose two)
- Clinical Management of Fitness Athletes: Advanced Concepts (ONLINE)
- Clinical Management of Fitness Athletes: Live Weekend Seminar
- Applied Prevention and Health Promotion Certification (ONLINE) *counts as two courses*
- Rehabilitation of the Injured Runner (LIVE)
- Professional Bike Fit (LIVE)
- Modern Management of the Older Adult (ONLINE or LIVE)
- Dizziness Demystified: Vestibular Management (LIVE)
- Performing Artist: Comprehensive Management (LIVE)
Comprehensive written and practical exam (Held annually in April - Includes ICE Sampler admission). Clinical Excellence Certification day includes:
- Two hours of review with various ICE faculty representing our different divisions prior of the examination
- Written exams covering all domains of core competency
- Practical exams including examination and technique performance with oral defense on case based questions
Clinical Excellence Certification Exam: Las Vegas, NV
Registration for the Clinical Excellence Certification Includes Admission to ICE Sampler
Friday 8a-4p, April 5th, 2019
A variety of ICE faculty will be present for the examination